Sunday, May 07, 2006

Well lots of things to write about.
I'm presently in my hometown, Tiruvalla, Kerala. I reached here on 6th night, am staying with parents, aunt in a house that has 6 mobiles and a landline but no internet or comp and so, have to walk to a cybercafe to check mail.

I'm trying out this idea : I left myself logged on to googletalk on my comp in my room in IITK (my roomie will be using the comp so anyway it will be switched on 24x7). So now when I com to a cafe, I log on to Gmail and chat via the web interface. I also check the chat logs to see messages I got while I was "offline". So far its worked quite well.

I came here by train...It was a 54 hour journey so I slept for 2 nights on the train. So now it's nice to sleep on a bed that doesn't "rock". The train journey was uneventful...spent my time listening to music/took a few pics with my cam/played with a friend's laptop/drank about 20 cups of tea in the 54 hrs (its not my fault...that tea guy kept coming and the tea was tasty!!) . There was this tiny little girl who sat next to me for a lot of the journey...and she kept eyeing my Miranda whenever I was drinking it! I thought of giving it but unfortunately her mom caught her staring at my Miranda and so scolded her :(

Less that 24 hrs before I left Kanpur I got an intern offer from Bell Labs Blore which I accepted. So I had to partly vacate my room (and bribed my roomie to handle the rest of the vacating). Till Wednesday, I was struggling to get a stay permit. Then I ended up getting two stay permits, so I had to cancel both of them.

I reached here at about 7 pm on 6th. I gave Mom her gift, she was happy and also surprised, just like that other person whom I gave the other gift to. Mom bought a new camera, so I'm "borrowing" it ... its got a lot of good features...30x zoom, a swivelling lens, a bigger screen and so on.

I'll probably leave from here on 13th, reach Blore on 14th night and work starts on 15th. That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home